Customer Since: 2016
Contract Duration: 4 Months
- Northrop Grumman Corporation is a global aerospace and defense technology company. With 90,000 employees and an annual revenue in excess of $30 billion, it is one of the world’s largest weapons manufacturers and military technology providers.
- Aeronautics Systems manufactures military aircraft, autonomous systems, aerospace structures and next-generation surveillance, strike and commercial solutions with a global supply-chain.
- With the ever growing threat of cyber intrusion, not just at the organization level, but at the manufacturing shop floor level Northrop required a partner to asses and architect a strategy
- Compliance with the federal government’s National Institute of Standards and Technology NIST 800-171, which governs Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI) in Non-Federal Information Systems and Organizations was also paramount
- AGR performed the cyber security assessment of the El Segundo Manufacturing Facilities’ compliance with NIST 800-171 requirements and compliance with DFARS 252.204.7012.
- Assessment included Factory Industrial Control Systems (FICS) located on low trust networks, air-gapped devices, input-output application points, internal processing for operating systems, data storage, and external transaction data handling.
- Architected a solution covering remediation and recurring absolution of these items including run modules to identify potential data incursions at the PLC level for FICS devices.
- With the run modules to identify data incursions for the FICS devices and the architected data warehouse and analytics reporting to identify and action potential data incursions
- Northrop was able to meet DFAR and NIST compliance and protect the manufacturing plants at the machine level from cyber intrusions